For those that have already achieved certification
Title: Registered Behavior Technician
Reports to: BCBA Supervisor
Summary Responsibilities: The primary purpose of this position is to support and assist ABA Solutions, LLC in maintaining compliance with all federal, state and local regulations related to our field; adhere to organizational policies and other activities designed to ensure the highest quality of care provided to our clients. This will be reflected by fulfilling the below listed description:
- Schedule required number of sessions to meet needs of client and authorization with the family/responsible party.
- Come to sessions prepared with plan and materials needed to accomplish goals of the session.
- Complete treatment charting thoroughly, professionally and timely.
- Communicate regularly with family/responsible party.
- Communicate regularly with BCBA Supervisor
- Report any concerns regarding the client in accordance with organizational policy and/or abuse and neglect standards.
- Complete required training modules related to recertification and organizational requirements
- Attend and participate in meetings and professional development activities specified by ABA Solutions, LLC Manage own schedule and caseload with consultation with BCBA Supervisor
- Adhere to professional boundaries when dealing with the client or client’s family/responsible party
- Comply with ABA Solutions, LLC organizational policies and procedures and Employee Handbook contents
- Perform other duties as requested
- Successful completion of 40 hour coursework under the BCBA
- Current certification in Maryland
- Current CPR certification required and First Aid certifications suggested
- At least high school diploma, some undergraduate course work in psychology, social work or the like would be helpful
- Current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures
- General working knowledge required for electronic treatment records
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good command of English writing skills for treatment documentation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to work variable hours/days of week due to nature of scheduling of client services
- Must be able to perform various forms of activities with clients in varying settings (Ex: playing on the floor with toys and other learning materials, sitting at table, taking a walk, etc.)
- Must be able to sit, bend, twist, stand for periods of time, sit for periods of time and move about quickly to meet needs of the client.
- Must be in generally good health
- Must be able to lift up or handle up to 50 lbs. on an infrequent basis should a behavior intervention be needed
- Must be able to relate to and work with clients who may exhibit emotional upsets and inappropriate behaviors
- May possibly be exposed to various forms of infectious diseases due to health history of client
- May be subject to frequent interruptions
- May be subject to emotional or physical outbursts from clients
- Will be interacting with not only the client but persons in the community environment
- Will be traveling in your own vehicle to the clinic located in Parkville, MD
- Will be working at variable hours over the course of each week to meet the scheduling needs of the client(s)